May 2, 2011

The English Riviera

Firstly I must apologise of the absence of blogging for almost two weeks! I've been caught up in heaps of revision and just haven't found time to blog. Anyways, I'm back so let's get down to business. I have so much to show and tell.
The first of May has been crossed off my calender which means the first day of summer has officially begun and now into the second day. Today I got my recently used Diana Mini film developed and I was rather impressed with the results. Most have a warm feel to them, yet the scanner makes them brighter than they actually are on print which is disappointing beyond belief! I made full use of the manual shutter that let's you create double exposures and also almost panoramic photos yet incredibly hard and precision is vital, something I kind of lack. Here are a few of my favourite ones...

don't know what that blue orb is all about

she's the (wo)maaan DROP IT DOE EYES



the little cabin down by the seaside

looking onto the horizon
Metronomy's new album is seriously beautiful and I stress that you give it a listen soon if you haven't yet. Here's one of the most hilarious songs I've heard in a while yet still listen-able. The lyrics may not be comic though the tune made me giggle first time listening to it. (This may sound quite strange but just wait until you listen to it!) there isn't a video for it as of yet and most likely won't though there is an acoustic version however it doesn't sound as funny and the electro parts sound off so here's an unofficial version.


That's it from me for now so peace out and have a good week!

No comments: