January 12, 2011

my heart's been stolen...

Before I start, I give warning that you may think that I'm a stereotypical dreamer and all I want in life is to be rich and famous ect, but all of this is just words blurting out of my mind and the world-gotta-have-one-of-these- kind'a-people. So hear it goes...
My dream is to live in either LA or San Fran.
Yep, that's right, I said what the mainstream amount of people say.
I visited these two cities in the summer on my American Wild West/West Coast antics and absolutely fell in love.
San Fran doesn't get much sunshine, it's hilly which means that's the only exercise needed to be done and it's known as the Hippy Capital (though this can be considered as a good thing no?)
&
LA? Well the idea of glamorous, a-listed celebs roaming the city? FALSE. Downtown is mostly mexican-run with central market being packed each day, though a couple of miles away is the HYPED Beverly Hills and Hollywood. It's true, everything people say about Beverly Hills and Hollywood is true. The rich, the famous...it's pretty darn amazing (if you're well off that is). But even for those who live normal lives in this celebrity run area, a couple of miles west is the coast to spice up their lives. This is what I really fell in love with: Venice Beach, Malibu, Long Beach. Daydreams of walking along the beach on a sunny, yet cooler-than-day evening getting ready for a BBQ or beach-party. The thought is overwhelming...BUT the thought is short-lived and I can dream on. London for Uni times, then California after? POSSIBILITY

Anyways, you're probably tired of hearing this so I leave you in peace.
PEACE OUT.




Locals Only by Hugh Holland: The skating scene in LA during the 1970's



Californian based 'indie-pop trio' Best Coast - fits the atmosphere

No comments: