July 7, 2011

An Anchor Connects Us With The Ground

On my 20th day of the summer holidays and really don't know what to do with myself anymore. The other day I bought July's Dazed and Confused (a little late as it is usually released mid-month, the month before the issue month) in hope that it would keep me occupied for several evenings and days spent purely in my room/house/garden, and as always it never disappoints.
In the Summer Issue there's a two page spread that focuses on new and emerging Mancunian band WU LYF (World Unite! Lucifer Youth Foundation). They've recently released their debut album, Go Tell Fire To The Mountain which was entirely self produced, rejecting offers from established record labels, and by god is it beautiful. Concrete Gold is my favourite, yet it's hard to choose a favourite as their sounds are extremely interesting in each of their tracks. Ellery Roberts vocals almost contrast the instruments, though somehow it fits perfectly. It's rusty and husky which makes each track sound mysterious.






No comments: